External deep well pump problem

Old 05-22-08, 09:02 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
External deep well pump problem

I have recently gave myself a reason to hate my life by purchasing a bank owned century home. It has an external deep well pump in the basement that makes horrific noises while running, but for the first week would kick on at 30 psi and then turn off (about 3 minutes later) at 50 psi. Tonight it kicked on, but would not turn off and the pressure never got above 35 psi. Fearing that the well went dry, I gathered three five gallon buckets and connected a hose to a valve in between the pressure tank and the pump. I turned on the pump and water filled all three five gallon buckets so I don't think the water level is the problem. The noise from the pump seems to come from the motor, not the pump, and I know it needs replaced anyway. I dumped the three five gallon buckets of water back down the well and heard some gurguling noises out of the well when I did this while the pump was running.

Any opinions are welcome and appreciated!

Old 05-22-08, 09:44 PM
Wink

INFO INFO helps us to help you You say inside the home????
Jet pump with motor by it or a submersible kind???? still could be the water is down in the well. How old is the pump ???

Old 05-22-08, 09:57 PM
S
The pump and motor assembly is in the basement with two large lines running into the well. Not submersable. I have no idea how old, but I would say less than ten years, but the house has been vacant for over a year with a dirt floor basement and everything down there has suffered.

Old 05-23-08, 06:04 AM
V
Vey
What kind of tank does it have?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: