can tank be repaired?

Old 07-17-08, 04:29 PM
-
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
can tank be repaired?

My well pump started short cycling. I drained the water and checked the pressure through a valve on the top with a tire gauge. No pressure. All I had was a foot operated bike pump. I pumped for several minutes and the gauge barely moved, not even enough to read.
I pumped a little longer until there was big hiss in the back bottom area of the tank where I couldn't see. There is some rust on the tank where it meets its supports on the sides but I couldn't see where the air is escaping. Water is not coming out.
Can this be repaired or is it scrap.
Thanks

Old 07-17-08, 04:38 PM
Sounds to me like it is time for replacement. If there is rust and a hissing sound, don't bother trying to fix it. It will just leak somewhere else shortly.

Old 07-17-08, 08:34 PM
It can be fixed, but its not worth the trouble. Putting a patch on a water well tank is like a band-ad on a gun shot wound. Its time for a new tank.

Old 07-18-08, 06:41 AM
P
The reason no water is coming out is because you probably have a bladder type tank.
On this type of tank, water fills the bladder and the air is on top of it. Most people think that it's the other way around.
When the air escapes, the bladder will distend (over stretch) which means the rest of the tank will fail shortly.
I'm with the guys, replace the tank.
I prefer the diaphragm tank, rather than the bladder. They seem to last better, although I'm sure there are those that prefer the bladder.
Ron

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: