No tank pressure

Old 10-24-08, 04:31 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
No tank pressure

Got in last night from a trip and the wife says faucets are just barely putting out water. Went into laundry and found washer full and overflowing. Then went out to well and found zero pressure and submersible pump running. Turned off supply to washer and left everything until this morning. Checked pump to find it still running and still no pressure. We experience this usually when we are watering or filling pool etc but not to this extent and certainly we have some pressure. But this time it is really bad and nothing is open such as water hoses etc. Any advice?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-08, 07:30 AM
Hurry I NEED A SHOWER

Any help with this? Previous post explaining pump running and some water in the house but no pressure in tank. Old style steel tank. Tried reversing submersible to clear blockage but did not seem to want to turn on. Controller and pressure switch have been replaced in recent past.

Old 10-25-08, 05:57 PM
I would suspect a hole in the pipe coming up from the pump. It is just running and recirculating the water in the well. The hole is just small enough to let some pressure come to the house but not enought to pressurize your system.

B

Old 10-25-08, 07:28 PM
[quote=Photo Guy;1452596]Tried reversing submersible to clear blockage but did not seem to want to turn on. quote]

What do you mean by this? If your pump is running, and no water is coming out. The pump itself is torn up, or (like was stated above) Your pipe going down to the pump has a hole in it.

Do you have steel casing or pvc?

Travis

Old 10-26-08, 06:15 AM
Age is approx. 25 years old. Steel sleeve. Do not know depth. I removed the underground feed to see how much if any water was moving and found warm rusty water coming out breifly. I let pump run for a minute or two and got clear water, I am not sure how much water should come move but I would say at least a gallon every 10 seconds was what I was getting . I removed the valve body from under pressure switch to clean it. It was full of reddish muck, washed it out and moved the valve back and forth and reinstalled it. After all that I powewred pump up and let it run it filled the tank after about 4 hours but still no pressure. I do have have faucet water but again it is very low. Thanks for the help

Old 10-26-08, 11:02 AM
Too test to see if you have a hole:
Where you tested to see how much water was coming out. Do that again. But this time, after water starts coming out, turn the power off, and put your have over the end of the pipe. If you feel a good suction on your hand. You have a hole in the drop pipe.

If you do not feel the suction. You may have a bad pump, or the well is stopped up. From what you say. It may be plugged with iron deposits. In that case, you will need to get a well guy out there to clean it out.

Travis