My Problem Is.............

Old 11-01-08, 07:49 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question My Problem Is.............

that my water use to work good.

We had to tear off a room & of course remove the water lines.
We cut the water pump off at the breaker box UNTIL we got the lines re-routed.
Now the lines are hooked up properly, I have also installed a new water pump switch & pressure gage too.

Whenever I flip the switch on at the breaker box for the water pump it spits & sputters & runs for about 1-2 min & then the water just stops running all together.

What does the problem sound like ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-08, 09:58 AM
nap
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
sounds like you lost the prime in your pump.

what kind of pump is this; submersible, jet, basic centrifigul?

Old 11-01-08, 11:05 AM
C
It's a shallow well pump with the bladder and all, forgive my ignorance...I'm learning all along. lol

How do i get it to prime ?
When it did work there was very little pressure.
The old pressure gage never worked, how do I ramp up pressure if I get it primed & working ?

Old 11-01-08, 02:13 PM
nap
there should be some facility to pour water down the draw pipe. Often, there is a plug on a 90 elbow as the pipe comes out of the well. You would open that plug and pour in water to fill. There is usually a plug on the pum itself as well. After the draw pipe is full, open the pump plug and fill that, close up the plugs and turn it on.

I have had a pump that I had to close down the valve where the water leaves the pump most of the way. That seemed to help the pump get its prime.

to raise the pressure, you would adjust the pressure switch. There is usually instructions inside of the switch for this. If there isn't, come on back when you get water.

Old 11-01-08, 03:32 PM
C
Smile

OK Thank Ya Nap, I'll try this either this afternoon or in the morning & get back to ya.
I love this site, there is ALWAYS something to learn.
Thanks Again.

Old 11-07-08, 11:08 AM
C
There should be some facility to pour water down the draw pipe. Often, there is a plug on a 90 elbow as the pipe comes out of the well.

I seen a little blue valve on the top of the pump that unscrews, however I see no other way to pour water anywhere else.
I did not pour till it filled because I did not have it on hand...I have much more today & I will pour till it comes up even with the cap.
The pump motor must be OK, when I turn the power on from the breaker box the water comes out of the fauctes...they just die of within about 30 sec or so.

Also I see no way to ramp up pressure.
Tell me, how much air should I have in the bladder & what exactly is it's function ?

Old 11-07-08, 06:14 PM
nap
Do you have the ability to take pictures and post them? I can't think of a valve that should be where you are speaking of.

as to the bladder tank.

you should have 2 psi less than the cut-in setting of the pressure switch. You need to have a pressure gauge that reads the pressure in the water line to determine what the pressure switch is set to.
what the tank does is maintains pressure in your system as you use water so the pump does not run every time you run just a small amount of water.

You apparently have water so the pump does not need to be primed. You have either a bad or incorrectly set pressure tank or a low volume producing well or a well with a low water level.

start with the tank.

the pressure switch generally looks like this:

Old 12-05-08, 05:20 AM
C
Hi Nap It's been a while.

OK, the latest is that I now have the water lines hooked up to a new shower head. When I turn the breaker on the water is slow to start but it does come out of the shower head decently for about 15 seconds & then it quits.

I will get some pictures asap, can you tell me anymore from what I just told you ?
This time I left the breaker on, the pump obviously cuts off anyway when there is no pressure at a certain point.

Again, the pump switch is new & I replaced it EXACTLY as I took it off.

Old 12-05-08, 08:06 AM
V
Vey
I'll try . . . GAUGE! Do you have one? I don't read anywhere that you do.

Old 12-05-08, 08:15 AM
C
I took off the old water gauge & installed a new one, it still doesn't show ANY pressure at all.

Old 12-06-08, 02:33 PM
nap
Ok. so after you run out of water, I presume the pump keeps running but no water, yes?

How do you get water back again?

prime?

wait?

Have you checked the pressure in the bladder tank? Charged it to 2 psi less than your cut in setting on your pressure switch?

the one thing I did not want to breach, yet, was the fact you may have a dry well or a plugged screen in your well. Since those are both quite expensiv repairs, lets make sure it is not something above ground.