Well water holding tank

Old 11-29-08, 12:21 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Well water holding tank

So I'm thinking about repalcing my old water tank with one of the new bladder type tanks. The old one is the type that just has air no bladder.

Someone told me that sulphur water damages the bladder in the new tanks. Is this true? Also is there anything else that might make the change difficult? Thanks TimH

Old 11-29-08, 02:23 PM
V
Vey
Why are you thinking about replacing it? Perhaps it isn't large enough? If you can turn the pressure down to 30/50 instead of 40/60, the amount of water in the tank will be greater.

If you don't have a good reason, then leave it alone. An old "glass lined" tank typically lasted 20-30 years. I saw one last month that was over 40, but it was inside in a dry space. I don't think you will see that much longevity again, no matter what new kind of tank you buy.

If you decide that you must have a new tank, diaphragm is much better that bladder. Doesn't wear out as fast because it doesn'r rub on the inside of the tank. When you shop, look for the word "DIAPHRAGM" because otherwise it is a bladder. Many bladder type tanks only last 5-6 years.

Last edited by Vey; 11-29-08 at 03:06 PM.
Old 12-01-08, 05:17 AM
V
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You don't want a diaphragm or bladder tank if you have sulphur in the water. Those regular tanks are used to mix air with the water, to help get rid of the smell from the sulphur.

Old 12-01-08, 05:47 PM
T
Thanks for the input. I guess I'll keep the old tank. Thanks Again.....TimH

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: