Replacine vertical mechanical switch on sump pump


Old 12-26-08, 03:30 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 54
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Replacine vertical mechanical switch on sump pump

I own a Wayne submersible sump shown in the link.

WAYNE RELIANTONE at Lowe's: 1/2 HP Submersible Sump Pump

The pump does not turn off, so I assume it needs a new switch. A couple of questions..

1) Does anyone know how to replace a switch like this? I bought a switch kit from Ace Hardware, and can't figure out how to open the switch.

2) Is it possible to piggyback a float switch instead, and just ignore the attached vertical switch for the time being?

Any help would be appreciated...thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-08, 03:53 PM
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 580
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
That switch looks like a normal vertical master switch with a separate cord for the switch and the pump. The actual switch is inside the black housing and is not replaceable. You need to unbolt the switch from the top of the pump and replace it with a new one.
Old 12-29-08, 08:31 AM
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 89
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
An SJE Rhombus 1003590 vertical master switch should do it. You can mount right on the vertical PVC line instead of the pump. Same piggyback plug design.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: