Sears sprinkler pump replacement parts

Old 12-31-08, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sears sprinkler pump replacement parts

I have a Sears sprinkler pump and motor that in my estimation is at least 20 years old. I use the pump to irrigate my lawn with water that is pump from a well. My problem is I can not find the seals I need to rebuild the pump. I have a model number that I can read off the Sears silver tag on the pump , but sears parts online and over the phone cannot locate this model number in their system. Another piece of information I can add to help identify this pump is that it's goldish yellow in color ( at least the motor is )... Model number is 390 4120, also has a code number 063 on the tag.

Last edited by pumpout; 12-31-08 at 10:20 AM. Reason: add model number
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-08, 10:54 AM
Vey
I found a post to a different forum where his model number pump started with 390. That's how Sears does their model numbers, Manufacturer number (dot) model.

According to him, he found a Sta Rite tag on it somewhere. This lines up with what Pumpman has said, that Craftsman pumps are downrated Sta-Rite pumps.

So maybe Sta-Rite can help you or at least tell you if a different pump they made for Sears used the same seal?

Old 01-01-09, 09:00 AM
That most likely is a Sta-rite pump, and there is a very good chance that some other pumps will use that same mechanical seal as the Sears pump.
If you can locate a local pumphouse, take the seal with you and they should be able to match it up with a new one just by looking at it.
U.S. Seals, PacSeals and a host of others make seals for small horsepower pumps.
Ron