Sump pit cover with waterjet backup

Old 01-22-09, 10:04 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sump pit cover with waterjet backup

Had a water jet backuo installed mon my sump pump. Because of the added componants, the sump cover no longer fits. Suppose I can cut the cover, but would rather buy one made for these.

Anyone know where to get these? My plumber doesn't know and seems to think it's fine to leave the pit open.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-09, 08:19 AM
C
I know one thing... it is not ok to leave the sump pit open if you have a finished basement, use it for storage or have mold concerns.
An open sump pit allows the water in the pit to evaporate in the basement.

As for your specific case, I am assuming that by water jet, you mean a water powered (no electricity) back up system for your traditional sump pump?

I am not extremely familiar with these systems, but I am surprised with the fact that apparently they sell and install it without providing a container or pit to accommodate both the original sump pump and the system.

The company I work for sells battery operated back up pumps and they are always provided with a suitable container.
Did you check the water jet system's manufacturer website? (again, assuming they have one)
They might have recommendations or a product.

Old 01-23-09, 09:12 AM
G
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it's a water powered non electric backup system so there are additional pipes and float in the pit.

I saw nothing at the manufactures site, but sent them an email.

There is stuff stored, so I do want to avoid moisture and that being uncovered is part of why the dehumidifier runs non stop.

There are also some 4 inch open pipes to the drain tile that the builder tells be are for clean out that are code required and not supposed to be covered so you can locate the plug. I think he's just being cheap ... he should do better at $200 per sq ft for a ranch. I'm sure it's not easy being a builder but he's got to be making a good living. WHy pinch pennies?

<sorry, just my rant for today>

Old 01-26-09, 10:04 PM
G
Follow up: Liberty pumps (manufacturer) tells me their water jet sump back up systems are designed to be installed UNDER the sump cover, so no special cover is needed.

Looks like a plumber needs some training!