septic pump run on

Old 03-26-09, 07:43 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
septic pump run on

I have a Hydromatic pump, model number sp40 a 1, 4/10hp, with a diaphragm switch. I have 2 questions/issues:

1. My pump will not shut off after the sewage has been pump to the septic tank. I have to unplug it.

2: After all the water was out,except for about 4", when the pump kept running and I notice a scream of water coming out of the "export" pipe. Upon further examination there is a hole in the pipe. It is round and looks like it was drilled. Is this suppose to be there?

Are these seperate issues or are they connected some how?
Daughter is not happy having to share a bathroom. I told she could always go outside.

Thank for any help.

Old 03-27-09, 03:51 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If the pump just keeps running and there is no water left in the tank, then it's time for a new switch.The hole in the pipe is a weep hole,it is there to prevent the pump from air locking (running but not pumping) The switch on that pump looks like it is replaceable. Your switch should have a piggyback type plug on it that the pump plugs into. You can replace it with the same type of switch or a different style that would attach to the discharge pipe, just make sure the switch has the correct amp rating for your pump.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: