pressure drops to 0

Old 09-25-09, 11:39 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation pressure drops to 0

I am trying to find answer to pressure problem at my moms house.She has very little pressure not enough to shower.The well is 40 years old the foot valve and hoses were replaced 5 years ago the jet pump is 2 years old.The pressure reads 38 with no water on when you open a tap water runs but the pressure drops to 0 and then the pump kicks on.the water pressure does not improve when the pump is running.The pump sits on the holding tank which seems very small.I can give numbers and sizes if you tell me where to find them.Thanks for any help you can give

Old 09-26-09, 09:38 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I would take a read through the stickies/links posted on the top of this section and concentrate on the tank as the source of your problem if you cannot maintain pressure...or the pump (worn?) if you cannot create same in the first place (determine what your deadhead pressure is for the pump and quickly test it with a GOOD guage). Pressure switches can also go bad; yet I will guarantee that your answer lies somewhere in the info provided above if you are willing to take the time to follow some troubleshooting steps and do the leg work.

Good luck!

Last edited by SxS adventure; 09-26-09 at 09:38 AM. Reason: add

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: