Septic tank concrete lid broken, where can I get a new one?

Old 10-23-09, 09:40 AM
V
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Septic tank concrete lid broken, where can I get a new one?

I guess the title says it all. I drove over the lid of one of my septic tanks by accident with the tractor and it cracked. It didn't look too bad but now it looks like it's ready to fall in. Where can I get a new lid? It's just a flat square piece of concrete about 2'x2'. I'm in northeast Ohio, if you know of a source or type of place to go I would appreciate it. Plumbing supply? Builder's supply? I could just pour one myself in a form but would rather go buy one and be done with it. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Patrick

Old 10-23-09, 09:51 AM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Around here you go to a septic tank company. Can't say if you have one near you. Yes,, there are companies that just sell septic tanks and accessories. Some may even be able to make a lid to size if they don't have one.

Being as it is square it should also be easy to just make one. I'd put " rebar in it in the shape of a tic tac toe grid. You can start with a square wood frame the over all size held together with screws then use Styrofoam to form any lip. Grease the form with motor oil and when hard to the touch unscrew the form and remove..

Old 10-23-09, 10:41 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Are you sure it's a septic tank lid with a 2' x 2' lid? I don't think I have ever seen a tank with a lid that big that was low enough - relative to grade - it could be run over by a tractor.

As for replacing the lid I would suggest you call Discount Drainage in Akron and ask. If you know the exact dimensions they can probably tell you on the phone if they can help you or not. If they can't then I'd ask them to refer a few people to you that could get you a new lid. They deal with most contractors in the area and the guys there are actually pretty helpful with a wide array of problems.

If all else fails you can always start calling septic companies and seeing who sounds the most knowledgeable about your problem and offers you the best solution.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: