Norweco Singulair aerator motor source

Old 12-06-09, 02:28 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Norweco Singulair aerator motor source

I have a Norweco home septic system. It's a 3 compartment system with a lift tank at the end because of my flat lot. The first tank has the Norweco Singulair aerator pump in it. The electric motor is a Singulair Model 93 MP, 1/6 HP, 3450 RPM, LR22132, Motor Ref: R611336AAA95B, 115 volts, Frame: F56Z, on a timer.
My question is this: Is there a source to buy just the electric motor itself from someone besides Norweco/Singulair at their inflated prices? I'm looking to buy just another motor, exactly the same and be able to transfer all the hardware over to it. Surely someone is making this motor for Singulair (General Electric?). I have a local electric store who claims to be able to get the same motor (I've yet to see one) except only in a 1850 rpm version. He claims to not be able to get the 3450 rpm version. I'm curious as to if this motor is available elsewhere at a cheaper price than from Singulair. Thanks.

Old 12-07-09, 09:30 PM
A better idea maybe to get the old motor rebuilt. That way you will get the motor that was made for the for application.
The are a lot of septic manufactures that have there motors built just for them, in the way manner that best fits there use.

I have had several motors rebuilt, and 99% were small thing like seals, or bearings.

Travis

Old 12-07-09, 10:35 PM
F
Travis,

Thanks for the reply. I'm just wanting to have another motor to switch in when the other one goes bad. That way I can rebuild it at my leisure. I've replaced the bearings twice over the 15 years I've had it. The local electric shop is pretty backlogged and wouldn't even be able to get it back to me in a timely manner if I were to use them. My preference would be to have a backup motor. Surely this particular motor must be available somewhere other than from Norweco/Singulair. I wonder who manufactures it for them?

Old 12-08-09, 08:12 AM
The motor you have should be a DOERR motor. Try doing a Google search for their motors and see what you can find.
I found lots of motors with the numbers you listed. (LR22132) one may just be the one you need.

Travis

Old 12-08-09, 09:45 AM
F
Travis, thanks. I'll check out that brand of motor and see what I come up with.

Old 12-30-09, 01:40 PM
W
Hello FM3AAR I think I know you motor

I sent you a private message, where I tried to tell you about the motor and what you need to do to install it. A Dayton 5K995 will work. It was the same motor that Norweco dealers were using when they offered a rebuilt unit. You can buy at WW Grainger. Somewhere a little over $100.

Old 12-30-09, 06:20 PM
F
Mike,

Thanks for the info. I PM'd you.

Charles

Old 11-23-10, 11:24 AM
M
Some things to remember about your pump, Keep the outside shaft clean, I do mine around 3-4 times a year, this can wear out the shaft and bearings. I run mine all year round 24/7. If you put it on a timer it will turn on and off and not last as long (starting and stopping kills most motors)and you can use 1/4 shank rod around 3 foot long to clean out center of shaft. This allows for maximum air flow.

Old 11-24-10, 06:53 AM
V
Vey
My experience with motor replacements is that many times product manufacturers make a deal with the a motor manufacturer in that the motor is exactly the same, but the mount or bracket (which is welded to the motor) is unique. That is the trick used to make you go back to the product manufacturer for replacement and pay the inflated prices. I have had machine shops fabricate brackets for me and still come out ahead.

Old 07-12-11, 01:09 PM
G
Norweco aerator power

I have a Norweco singular septic system installed and my aerator has stopped working. I pulled the unit out and hooked it to a 120 vac pwr cord and it works just fine. Installed it doesn't work. I have reset the red light (the one that says to reset it) but it still doesn't work.
Any suggestions
Gustalor

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: