Need to filter and increase pressure of well

Old 01-05-10, 08:19 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need to filter and increase pressure of well

Our well is a half mile away and the water is very hard. I desire to filter it better and need to increase pressure and volume to be able to irrigate five acres of garden (Mostly drip irrigation but some sprinklers) while maintaining house pressure. Am thinking of installing second pump to boost that along with a pressure tank. Not sure how to do that. Being a disabled vet means money is tight until I can turn this into a working farm.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-10, 05:51 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 673 Votes on 622 Posts
Do you have a particular question about what you are trying to do?

When you say "desire to filter it better" does this mean you already have a filter installed and are thinking of adding a water softener or are you wanting more or different filtration?

What is your current water system? What type of pump? How big/hp? Do you have a pressure tank and pressure switch? If so what pressure is the switch set for?

Old 01-13-10, 10:43 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bob the most important issue here is what size pump you currently have and what size is the piping between the well and the house? If you know how much water the well makes that also would be helpful. No use putting a booster pump on a system where the well only makes 5 GPM or if the pipe out to the well is only 1" diameter. If you can get me some more info I will be happy to walk you through your options and explain which will bets suit your needs.