Best Utility Pump - Standing water in basement

Old 01-26-10, 03:19 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Best Utility Pump - Standing water in basement

Hey guys,

Been a while since I posted, but wanted to check with the experts that have helped me out numerous times before!

Since we moved into our new house, during heavy rainfall we get water coming in through a basement wall, that collects in the low point of the basement floor.

Ignoring the bigger issues for the moment (I will get to those come spring!), I need to find an automatic utility pump for clearing the standing water, but I do not want one that only kicks in when the depth of water hits 1" or something!

Is there a pump out there which will start pumping when the depth is only say 1/4" or so? ? If so, which is the best manufacturer, best quality?

Would really appreciate your thoughts/experiences.

Grateful as ever,

Dellguy

Old 01-26-10, 03:52 PM
P
Some manual pumps will pump down to about 1/4", but I've never seen one that will turn on at that level. Maybe someone else has.

Old 02-01-10, 02:20 PM
D
Thanks pumpguy, thats what I have now been forced to accept after spending way too long hunting around the internet for hours the last few days trying to find/get a pump that just is not out there!

I appreciate you taking the time to respond

Dellguy1971

Old 02-02-10, 05:20 AM
B
Zoeller LM44

Check on the Zoeller LM44 utility pump. Supposedly pumps down to 1/8" and has a sensor for automatic operation. I am not sure when the sensor would kick on, but maybe that will be what you are looking for?? Zoeller Zoeller LM44 1/4HP Automatic Floor Sucker Pump LM44...also found this info...

" The Liberty LM44 is a high-quality, automatic utlity pump. Simply set it on the ground and let it run! The LM44 can be discharged through a standard garden hose and is the perfect solution for minor flooding and problem water areas.

*Note: THE LM44 SHOULD NOT BE USED AS A FULL-TIME SUMP PUMP AS IT IS NOT RATED FOR CONTINUOUS RUN USAGE. While the LM44 is an automatic, sensor-operated utlity pump, it runs on a 3-5 minute cycle. This means it turns on approximately every 3 minutes and shuts down if no water is sensed."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: