Sewer tank Pill Switch

Old 02-01-10, 04:50 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sewer tank Pill Switch

My inside-the-house sewer pump will not pump out my sewer tank (that is located immediately next to the house) as the floating PILL SWITCH does not always work.

Last summer I cleaned off some poop from the switch and it worked again...now it doesn't. I believe the pill switch is over 20 years old...I replaced the sewer pump about 8 years ago.

HOW does one replace the pill switch as the wire is continuous and goes through the concrete sewer tank wall....can I splice it given all the moisture issues in the tank??? Help please!

Old 02-01-10, 08:35 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
check with a local well supply company for down hole wire splices, they use crimp on connectors with a slip over heat shrink tubing that has a hot glue in the center, then cut the wires where convenient and stake the connectors tightly or better yet soldier the but connectors to the wires, remember to slide the heat shrink onto the wires before staking the connectors move it far enough away down the wire to avoid shrinking prematurely with the soldier, then after making sure of a good wire connection just slide the heat shrink down in position and use a hot air gun to shrink the tubing down and activate the glue this will give you a positive waterproof connection.

Murphy was an optimist

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: