well water problems

Old 06-20-10, 09:25 AM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
well water problems

over the last couple years the water pressure has been decreasing and the water filter that is before the softener and hot water tank but after the pressure tank plugs up weekly with what appears to be tiny white plastic particles and grey silty material any ideas about what the problem is or what direction to take to correct it would be appreciated

Old 06-20-10, 12:49 PM
It sounds like the pump is tearing up.
It may be time for a new pump, there should not be any white plastic stuff at all.
I'm not sure how the pressure tank is stopping up tho.

Travis

Old 06-20-10, 01:11 PM
H
the pressure tank itself isn't plugging up,at least i dont believe it is. the filter is plugging up weekly. the thing i cant figure out is that even with the filter removed there is still no pressure. i tried to figure out the flow rate of the pump by closing the valve just before the pressure tank and filling a 5 gal. bucket from drain spigot it took 2 miin50 sec. to fill it. my other concern is the gray silty material does this mean well is gone bad

Old 06-20-10, 05:21 PM
Do you know how much water the pump did when it was new?
Has your pump been cycling more often than is used too?
If it come on with in one minute shutting off, the tank should be drained, and given a fresh start.
A cycling pump can cause the well to produce sand, sediment, and destroy the pump impellers.
That may be what you are seeing in your filter.

I dont think your well is going bad.
However, if your pump, pumps more water than the well can produce, that will cause the pump end to tear up as well.

Travis

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: