A different set of fitting for my well tank

Old 11-15-10, 05:32 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
A different set of fitting for my well tank

Hello All!

I am currently in the process of installing a water softener and chlorination system to my water well system. I would like to move the location of my well tank slightly. Where I would like to place the tank would require well tank fittings that work from left to right instead of right to left. I can not seem to find this, so my question is, does this exist? and if not what are the best installation options if the incoming water is to the left of the tank?

Thanks to all!

Old 11-15-10, 08:25 AM
Group Moderator
Received 347 Votes on 300 Posts
My pressure tank is fed left to right. It is only a Tee fitting with threads on both sides. You should be able to connect it either way. This is a free standing tank correct?

Fitting can bee seen in this picture: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41B%2BzgrbXTL.jpg

Old 11-15-10, 09:55 AM
B
Thanks for the photo Ironhand!

Thanks so much for the photo! Yes mine is a free standing tank with fittings similar to yours, but mine is one solid piece. So now I am wondering if i can just exchange the pressure gauge with pump controller and make mine left to right? Does that sound right or should I just buy fittings like yours? All I have seen on the internet are these fittings packages which come already assembled and are like the one I currently have. Thanks for the speedy response Ironhand!

Ed

Old 11-15-10, 10:05 AM
Group Moderator
Received 347 Votes on 300 Posts
My tee is also one piece and made out of brass. I believe we have the same thing.
It doesn't matter where the pressure gauge or switch are located on the tee. In fact they don't need to be on the tee at all. They just need to be connected to the plumbing system. I am pretty sure you can just disconnect the plumbing pipes, relocate the tank and re-plumb.

Old 11-15-10, 10:24 AM
B
Thanks Again Ironhand!

Thanks again for the speedy response!

I think I will try to exchange it first. Worst case scenario I can go to the plumbing shop and buy one like yours. But I believe you are right, they are interchangeable so it should work! i will let you know how it goes next week!

Thanks Ed

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: