shallow well pump

Old 04-07-11, 06:14 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Angry shallow well pump

i am using a shallow well pump to have water to my house..the problem I'm having is the old pump was leaking an would cause the pump to kick on an off an was making me have really high light bills.
the one i was using had a little blue 100psi air tank that sat on top of it witch was working it just was always making pump kick on and off.

What i done was got another shallow well pump and a deep well water tank and hooked it up....the points on this pump are new and the deep well water tank max psi is 75 but when pump kicks on the tank goes over 75psi an the pump will not cut off...i tried turning the two screws on the point box up and down but its still not kicking off. I even went as far as to take the points off the one i was using cause i knew it was kicking on an off with the old leaking pump but after putting them on the pump I'm using now the pump still want kick off an it building up to much pressure.......WHAT DO I DO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-11, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator
Received 8 Votes on 7 Posts
I find it hard to believe the pump is building 75 psi plus.

The gauge may be off?

What screws are you turning on the pressure switch? There are two, and which way are you turning?

Is the pressure tube hooked up from the pump to switch?

If you can take pics it will help.