Source for 1 1/2" Discharge Hose

Old 12-10-11, 03:32 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Source for 1 1/2" Discharge Hose

Does anyone have a source for decent quality 1 1/2" discharge hose. It is for a sump pump and will be hooked up to an adaptor/nipple where the 1 1/2 PVC leaves the house.

I want the round corrugated type. I found some on amazon manufactured by Wayne, but some of the reviews said it had pinholes in it when they received it.

Thanks.

Old 12-10-11, 04:17 PM
Group Moderator
Received 877 Upvotes on 740 Posts
I think you would be better running 1 1/2" PVC or ABS rigid pipe. Less restriction as well. Just add a clamp or union close to the pump for easy change out.

Old 12-11-11, 08:12 AM
J
Originally Posted by Tolyn Ironhand
I think you would be better running 1 1/2" PVC or ABS rigid pipe. Less restriction as well. Just add a clamp or union close to the pump for easy change out.
For aesthetic reasons it needs to be able to be removed from the house and stored.

Old 12-11-11, 10:37 AM
Group Moderator
Received 877 Upvotes on 740 Posts
Your going to disconnect and store a discharge for a sump pump? Wouldn't you want to keep it connected in case the basket gets water in it?

If you really want a flexible hose I suggest checking out the stuff they use to plumb spas/hot tubs. I know a company that uses this all the time for the discharge on basement water proofing jobs. It is a thicker wall, smooth reenforced hose. Looks like this:
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/nationaldisc...2188_119100383

Google "1 1/2" white spa hose"

Old 12-12-11, 07:31 AM
B
Home Depot Sells it

Just did this job over the weekend and after searching all the specialty plumbing supply houses, I happened upon 100' coils of 1 1/2" discharge hose at Home Depot for $62 per roll. Fantastic, but really difficult to work with in cold weather. Let the sun warm it up or bring it inside for a bit if you're in a cold climate.

Old 12-12-11, 11:01 AM
J
Originally Posted by Tolyn Ironhand
Your going to disconnect and store a discharge for a sump pump? Wouldn't you want to keep it connected in case the basket gets water in it?
Yes - the basement has only flooded twice in 40 years, however those 2x have been in the last 7 years. The pit is usually dry. When it starts to fill, we'll hook up the hose and just run it over the yard wherever we want it to drain to.

Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: