septic tank line clean

Old 03-08-12, 12:59 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
septic tank line clean

My 1000 ga tank has a line cleanout outside and its 40ft from there to the tank. As you might
know the 3 inch line goes into the tank and then T s down for about 2 ft. This keeps the stuff under the water line. But if you try and snake this line it seems that it would be difficult to get the snake to make that sharp turn down. If I had been here when it was installed I would have made
them extend it under the access port and put a cleanout cap on top of the T. But I wasnt and the T
is under the lip of the tank and un accessible. How would you get at this???? That T and the 2 ft
under the water is prime for holding a partial clog. Would a good cleanout Co. be able to
get it snaked while they clean the tank? Do you think they would charge extra for it since they are there doing a regular clean out anyway.
I wouldnt pay extra for it. They way over charge as it is.

Old 03-08-12, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
Usually there are lids that cover those ports as well as the center lid for pumping.

Jetting would be the way to go in your situation. Although once the septic is emptied a simple flush or two will verify that the tee is clear.

Evaluate after they pump and add the risers for the tees.

Working around a septic alone is dangerous. Make sure you keep a buddy around or let someone know what your doing.

Mike NJ

Old 03-16-12, 07:10 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
i found the T access buried under the dirt. It was stuffed and there were several other clogs up
about 5-10 ft. The snake only worked from the T port up, not from the top down.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: