Treated Water with Bleach, now its muddy...help.

Old 10-01-12, 06:04 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Treated Water with Bleach, now its muddy...help.

Hello,
I bought this home to flip a few months ago and its in Central Indiana and all had been great with the water. Plenty of pressure, no discoloration.
Im selling it now and the buyer does a water test that shows shows some ecoli, and Im advised to do the bleach treatment thing. I do, and run the water out of 4 faucets for 4 hrs till the smell is gone. When I came back to the home, the bottom of the sinks had "mud" in them. (Tested ok for bleach) Now 6 hrs later, the water is still discolored. I was worried about running the well dry, so I only ran it for about 3 min tops out of any one faucet since I noticed the dirty water 6 hrs ago.
Im supposed to close on this home in a few days. Will this go away. How long do you think it will take? What are your thoughts.
Thanks in advance.

Old 10-02-12, 03:57 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! You ran water from faucets for 4 hours?? Yeah, you probably reached the bottom level of water. Wells aren't meant to be depleted like that. Exactly what was the "bleach thing" you did, and how did you do it? Where did you introduce it and how much?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: