plumbing problems..

Old 12-08-12, 03:55 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
plumbing problems..

Hi guys now on to the next couple of issue's .

Well on a jet pump with a pressures tank and check valve to stop flow back to the well.

Ist I have to replave check valve this i did but turning off the water and relieving the water pressure. and opening the check valve vent and drained water opened the check valve cover. Yup it is corroded and needs replaceing ..
since water pressure in system was non existant i checked the pressure tank it is 8 psi only . I guess next step is to pressurize the tank to the factory preset level of 35 PSI. if I am on the correct track please advise
thanks Joe

Old 12-08-12, 04:01 PM

Pressure in the tank should be set at 2 psi below your "pump on" or "cut in" pressure setting.

Make sure the tank has no water in it.

Old 12-08-12, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
Set your pressure tank to about 3 psi below the cut in pressure where your pressure switch kicks in.

I like to set a little lower due to pump lag.

40 psi pressure switch I set to 32psi or so. I have about a 5 psi lag.

Old 12-09-12, 03:17 PM
Thanks Lawrosa

I will have to sit and watch the guage to see when it cuts in.
After I determine it's cut pressure do I turn off pump and drain system and pressure tank prior to setting pressure tank pressure ?

Old 12-09-12, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator
After I determine it's cut pressure do I turn off pump and drain system and pressure tank prior to setting pressure tank pressure ?
Yes .

Old 12-19-12, 05:11 PM
L
The cut in and cut off pressure should be labeled somewhere on the pressure swith itself, either on the outside of the box or on the inside of the switch box cover. Pressurizing the tank to 35 psi sounds high to me. Many pressure switches cut in around 20 or 30 psi and shot off around 20 pounds over the cut in pressure.

Old 12-21-12, 05:17 PM
Repairs Now complete

I have now completed my repairs and set pressure tank as well.
Thanks Lawrosa. drained the pressure from system and drained pressure tank. Charged pressure to 2psi below cuting pressure 28 psi. since system was drained anyway i took the time to replace a check valve on the input from well intake line.Old one was not stopping the water flow and pump ran every 15 minutes weather water was being used or not.with new valve in place had to figure a way to prime the pump. Removed pressure gauge from top of T fitting and primmed pump... System restarted, It took 3 trys to get it primed and running. ran system up to full pressure twice. Released pressure and re- checked pressure tank for correct pressue of 28 psi. removed pressure gauge and its reduction fitting cleaned both. new teflon tap omn threads of both, reinstalled both and re-pressuried system. Had to tighten both the adapter and pressure gauge to stop all sepage. System now functioning wonderfully well.

The next time I take this apart it will be to replace all off the steel pipes, fittings for brass and or copper with a quick disconnect to seperate jet pump from household plumbing.

Thanks again Lawrosa.

Joe :No Beer 4U:

Old 12-21-12, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator
Good job... I like happy endings....

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: