Control panel for pump septic

Old 12-15-14, 02:51 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Control panel for pump septic

Just bought this home and found out the control panel is bad, found out that it is $1100 new. Been told that the way the system is set up might be over kill since it's used as a leach line system and not a drip line system. House-Septic tank-aerator tank-pump tank-valves-1"pvc line-4"leach line HDPE gravel beds.

My question: Is there another way to run the system differently with a lower cost of a control panel, maybe abandon the flush manifold? I don't want to hurt the system but like I said someone said it was over kill and that I could buy a new pump, aerator, 3 floats and a nice control panel for the same amount.

I plan on having a septic company come to the home later, I just want to have all the stuff before they arrive.

Name:  Septic.jpg
Views: 7521
Size:  33.3 KBName:  valves.jpg
Views: 1456
Size:  50.2 KBName:  Panel.jpg
Views: 1108
Size:  49.6 KBName:  pump.jpg
Views: 979
Size:  31.0 KBName:  air vent.jpg
Views: 1295
Size:  50.8 KBName:  pump 2.jpg
Views: 1128
Size:  34.5 KB

Old 12-15-14, 04:15 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
I just want to have all the stuff before they arrive.
Almost always a bad idea. Something goes wrong they just shake their head and say not their problem because they just used what you gave them and did it your way. Something wrong its your dime not theirs. Or they refuse to use what you bought saying it is wrong and your stuck with the cost of a whole new set of materials.

Old 12-16-14, 05:30 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,154 Upvotes on 1,929 Posts
There are aftermarket control panels available at varying prices. Septic and leach systems are a VITAL system for your house. If done incorrectly the system may fail and seriously hurt the value of your home or cause you to undertake extremely expensive repair so I would not try cutting corners or changing they system design.

It sorta looks like a rats nest of wires and float switches in your tank right now. I'm surprised you don't have trouble with float switches getting snagged or other troubles. I would do some research in your area to find someone knowledgeable about systems like that and have them look at it. It is possible your panel is bad but it could be a simple wiring or float switch problem but anyway you want it fixed properly.

---
I have a number of rental properties. In the past 15 years I've had to abandon and bulldoze one property to a failed septic and have had to pay dearly to connect a couple others to run lines and connect to city sewer and a couple requiring entirely new septic systems and leach fields. It is not a good area to try and go cheap as the consequences can be extremely high.

Old 12-16-14, 02:58 PM
C
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
End of thread

For get every thing!!!! My neighbour said he saw 4" black pipe and a lot of gravel when they put the new system in (2005) so I assumed that my system was a leach field. However, I had to dig to find out for sure since I usually don't leave things to chance and sure enough I found purple drip lines at every air valve buried about 12" below the surface.

I will buy the same control panel or look for another brand that does the same things.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: