Craftsman Jet Pump Shallow Well

Old 11-22-15, 09:10 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Craftsman Jet Pump Shallow Well

Hello,

I have a Craftsman Jet Pump model 390.250254 with a Flotec 2 gallon inline pre-charged tank. The equipment was already installed when I purchased my house, but the previous owner says it worked for him to help irrigate the lawn. I have never operated a shallow well pump and am looking to prime the pump to see if it still works. I believe that the inline tank is screwed into the priming port. Therefore, in order to prime, do I need to unscrew the pre-charged tank? If so, are there any dangers in removing the tank? Lastly, once I have primed the pump, can I then re-install the tank? Thank you for your help!

Old 11-22-15, 10:30 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,324 Upvotes on 2,985 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

It would be easier to help you if you could take a picture or two and post them here for us.
http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...-pictures.html

Old 11-23-15, 08:31 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,705 Upvotes on 1,524 Posts
The tank should have a rubber bladder inside separating air and water. When you unscrew the tank the bladder will prevent the air pressure inside from escaping.

Once you get the pump running it is a good idea to correctly set the air pressure in the tank if your system has a pressure switch. With the pump off and zero water pressure the air in the tank should be 2-3 psi less than the pumps cut in (turn on) pressure.

Old 11-23-15, 08:52 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thank you both so much for your responses! I have also attached a couple pictures for further clarification:
Name:  image2.jpg
Views: 1397
Size:  36.0 KBName:  image3.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  42.0 KB

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: