New basement bath with saniflo pump venting questions

Old 02-04-16, 03:59 PM
W
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New basement bath with saniflo pump venting questions

Getting ready to install a new basement bath with a saniflo pump. The problem is venting the unit. There is no where for me to tie into the existing vents without ripping apart the upstairs. When the plumber installed one of these units in my last house he vented out the side of the house like a heater vent. He said he never liked to tie a basement bath, being the lowest point in the house into the existing vents incase they ever backed up. This worked fine for the 12 years that I lived there, but it was never inspected. Does this pass the code today?? If I must run the vent pipe up the outside wall of the house, how high must it go?? Can it terminate near the soffit, or must it go thru the roof?? Thanks

Old 02-04-16, 04:30 PM
J
Received 125 Likes on 110 Posts
What's Saniflo say?
Really want it venting into the attic?
Any I've seen in a snow area come out the rim joist and up about 4' so there above the expected snow level.

Old 02-04-16, 05:55 PM
W
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saniflo states that it must be vented with 1 1/2", can be tied into existing venting, no one way valves. Look at local building codes. So can I just run it up the outside of the house to the just below the eve? Or does it need to go thru the roof? Could it be brought up under a deck that is @ 5' off the ground??

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: