Aerator alarm sounding on panel

Old 08-14-16, 12:53 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Aerator alarm sounding on panel

I'm new to the whole septic system system, and could probably benefit from some of your experience. My aerator alarm is buzzing, but the aerator is running. I have a vessel next to the aerator tank under a concrete cover that looks like it might be for chlorine or something. (it is empty) any help or relative experience with this would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-15-16, 04:05 AM
S
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
I don't have any personal experience, but I've seen aerated systems that use a chemical added to the process. I think it's typically added to enhance the aeration. If the aeration pump is running, I would assume the alarm is because the chemical tank is empty. Google "septic system chemical" for some info. on available chemicals. Also, search this forum for posts by LAWROSA. He has a detailed description of modifications to his system, including chemicals. Good luck, Steve

Old 08-15-16, 01:08 PM
B
Thanks for the info sdodder. I will look up LAWROSAs threads. Much appreciated!

Old 08-18-16, 07:51 PM
B
Solution!

After a long conversation with the previous owner, I can say that I have been educated on the topic. The system is a fail safe design. There is a current sensor within the alarm panel that can go bad.(about $150 online). When the aerator alarm trips,the grinder pump stops working. That tank was nearly full, gfci and extension cord worked to get that moving while I dug into the root cause. I pulled the sensor, removed the shell to inspect it for obvious damage, nothing. So, I reinstalled it and alarm went off. I plugged the grinder back in to the system, and it ran fine. I got luck in more ways than one. Thank you for your feedback on the topic.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: