How do I remove debris (sticks) from a well?

Old 09-15-16, 03:55 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation How do I remove debris (sticks) from a well?

Hello,

The title pretty much explains it all. I bought an abandoned property a few years back and am finally getting around to doing something with it. I do roofing and basic construction for a living but wells I have no experience with. I'm wondering how to remove sticks and debris from a well. It's about 8" in diameter and had a rock placed over the top as a cover. I've read how to flush out leaves and such but heavier objects like stocks stuck in there are my concern.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-16, 03:35 AM
V
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I used a 4 HP Trash Pump to suction up leaves and algae and mice and frogs and snakes etal when I first went to investigate my first clog in a 3' X 3' Boxed Shallow Well. After some time, the water became clear enough to see and steer the 2" suction tube around and pick up the stragglers, and identify my deteriorated foot valve and filter so I could replace it.

Old 09-16-16, 05:25 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 636 Votes on 588 Posts
You can try fishing. A treble (triple) hook on the end of the line with a sinker can snag whatever is floating on the surface.

Old 09-17-16, 10:15 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How deep is the well? You may be able to run a discharge hose to the bottom of the well and pump in potable water to force everything in the well to the surface.