Low pressure, water drains

Old 11-04-18, 08:29 PM
Low pressure, water drains

Hey guys, thanks for the help in advance.

If I turn on power to my well I can hear the water filling the pips in my house. The presusre never gets above 20psi and the well never shuts off. When I shut power off to the pump, the psi drops to 0 and I can hear all the water drain back out of my house.

My guess was a crack in the well pipe going down to the sub pump.

What do you guys think?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-18, 05:04 AM
The pressure tank is only 2 moths old. When it was bad before the pressure would still hold and the house wouldn't drain.

Old 11-05-18, 05:54 AM
Group Moderator
It depends on what type of well pump you have. You have a leaking foot valve or check valve at the bottom of your well. Less likely but also possible is a leak in the piping either down the well or in the pipe buried underground that connects the well to the house.

There is nothing in the pressure tank that would cause your pump to not reach pressure and the pressure tank cannot make your water drain out of the house. The pressure tank is only there to provide a reserve so the pump doesn't need to cycle on and off so frequently.

Old 11-07-18, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the input.....it ended up being the gapvgalvan piece connecting the pvc pipe to the pump.