Zoeller 503 water powered sump pump

Old 05-12-19, 02:59 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Zoeller 503 water powered sump pump

Hi,

I had a Zoeller 503 installed by a plumber at it failed this winter, so I bought another Zoeller 503 to replace the bad one.

but, I notice a few differences and wonder if these are just normal adjustments. I'm going to attach pictures if I can figure attachments out.

I've attached pictures of the old & new zoeller 503, and a close up of the old and a close up of the new,

that show some minor differences...

the water supply has a module that I don't know what it is, but I have verified that water flows through it, when I open the water supply valve.

but, you can see the water supply has a male end, so I would need to remove the male end from the zoeller 503 ( which appears to be what the plumber did to the original zoeller 503 )

I'm most concerned that the new unit has a copper attachment and the small ball that the old unit did not have..

but, it appears to attach the new unit to my water supply, I will need to remove the copper attachment and small ball...

I just don't want to do anything until I get some suggestions.

++ thank you

Name:  s1.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  152.4 KB

Name:  s2.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  144.5 KB

Name:  s3.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  154.0 KB

Name:  s4.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  58.4 KB

Name:  s5.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  67.5 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 05-12-19 at 04:08 PM. Reason: cropped/resized pictures
Old 05-12-19, 04:20 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,610 Votes on 1,482 Posts
That may be some type of check valve.
In most areas one is required on the water supply line to that type of device.

I don't recommend removing that brass fitting. You should adapt your water supply to that fitting.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: