Question on Wye position where a sink pumps drains the kitchen to a main line

Old 01-04-20, 11:34 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question on Wye position where a sink pumps drains the kitchen to a main line

Hello everyone,
I recently started working on my basement and its kind of remodel work as the previous owner did some work but it was not fully done.. I am trying to do 2 things -1) replace a bar sink with a kitchen sink and convert that area into a kitchen with dishwasher and sink and using a portable type sump pump (already exists due to bar sink) to push the discharge into the main line. 2) Add a washer dryer and drain to an existing underground sump pump (which already exists) and serves a shower and a bathroom and this also pumps into the main drain line above.

I did hire a plumber, but eventually failed my rough in plumbing inspection and the inspection gave the codes and comments.
Could anyone please shed some light on these. Appreciate your help.

1) 712.3.5 wye for discharge at sink need to be up on discharge - There is a Wye connection already. Not sure what the inspector meant by this. Attached are the pictures.

2) 406.2 washer drain need to be ran into can on separate 3" line into can - Did the inspector really mean 2" here as the standard drain size for all the washers comes with 2" outlet. right?

Thanks,
Santosh

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-20, 08:19 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 33 Votes on 32 Posts
Can you try reposting your pictures? Some image hosting sites are disallowed due to spam issues.

Old 01-11-20, 12:50 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I think I figured it out. The branch of Wye should be in vertical position when joining a horizontal main line. Thanks!