Issue with septic tank float

Old 08-01-20, 04:36 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Issue with septic tank float

Hey guys,

I've got a issue that popped up with my septic tank. Two floats were not working properly so after checking to make sure the wiring was good I just assumed they were bad and bought 3 new ones. Wired them up and problem is exactly the same. I have the Orenco MVP panel setup for demand dosage. 3 floats, high level, pump on/off, and low level.

Low level works fine. I didn't label the other two, I was just going to manually check them after so I can't see which is which yet. When both are up both show up on panel. If I drop one of them, both go down. If I drop the other, nothing happens. If both are down, putting either one up will show both back up.

I've double checked the wiring. Low level is number 1, nothing on 2. Pump on/off 3, high level alarm 4. All 3 whites on 5.

I've tried searching and searching and cannot find any troubleshooting as far as the panel itself for a problem like this. I installed it myself about 5 years ago and had absolutely no problems before this happened. One day the high level alarm just came on and wouldn't go back off.

Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-20, 04:59 PM
Group Moderator
Received 940 Votes on 877 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I'm not familiar with that system but I've worked on many pump and float systems.
For some reason your wiring doesn't seem to match what Orenco shows.
You didn't post the exact model so maybe this is not your version ?

Orenco MVP (pdf)

Old 08-01-20, 05:10 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I found that page too, I believe it is the same control panel I have but it looks to be for timed dosage not demand dosage that mine is setup for? I was confirming numbers for wiring based on the control panel partly too, like putting up/down float triggers high/low alarm, and going off of previous pictures I have of it wired up when it was working properly. But it's worth trying to swap number 3 to 2 to see if it makes any difference.