bladder tank on manufactured home

Old 09-18-22, 02:02 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Angry bladder tank on manufactured home

I cant find my bladder tank on my manufactued home. The 4 inch well is about 20 feet from the house and then the 1 inch pipe comes up under the crawl space. There is a pressure switch on pipe but no tank. Could the tank be buried in the ground between the well head and house?

Old 09-18-22, 02:04 PM
Group Moderator
Received 2,957 Votes on 2,668 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I have never seen a pressure tank buried but it is possible if you're in a warm zone.

Old 09-18-22, 05:57 PM
Group Moderator
Received 595 Votes on 511 Posts
I cant find my bladder tank on my manufactued home
By manufactured home do you mean a mobile home? They typically put the pressure tank under the home. A tank buried in the ground would rust out if it was made from steel and it would be quite difficult to service. I have seen them in pits though.

Old 09-20-22, 01:23 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Manufactured home is when they bring in the two sides and then nail them together on site. I think I may of found it between the well head and house. A co worker has a manufactured home and he was telling me today that his is buried too. I took a skinny long 8 ft piece of metal and kept pushing it down from the well head towards the house and about 12 feet from well I found an arera that I can only push down about 28 inches and hit something. I will dig up and post, thanks

Old 09-21-22, 11:04 AM
Z
Received 86 Votes on 80 Posts
B -

I think the tank is supposed to be no more than six feet from the pressure switch for proper operation. In case that isnít the pressure tank that you hit, maybe you could look for it closer to the pressure switch.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: