Septic Pump or control panel issue

Old 04-01-24, 06:17 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Septic Pump or control panel issue

Hello,

Septic alarm went off and the three lights inside the control box are constantly flickering on and off and making a clicking noise. Motor does not seem to work when manually put on. When set to automatic constantly makes a clicking noise. Any ideas would be appreciated.

On, off and alarm and constantly flickering.

Old 04-01-24, 09:38 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,999 Upvotes on 3,589 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Do you have any information on that system ?
Unfortunately we can't help much with just a picture only on an unknown system.

Something looks wrong with that contactor.
That black wire look burned.

Old 04-02-24, 05:29 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,190 Upvotes on 1,959 Posts
A high resolution picture would help so we can see things better.

I have run into similar issues many times with septic control panels though yours appears in relatively good condition. It is not uncommon for connectors and wire connections to overheat and burn.

Normally use a multimeter to check the contacts where the pump motor's wires connect to see if it's getting power. Or, as a test, I will directly wire AC to the pump to see if it runs. In most cases the pump is OK and the problem is the control panel or a float switch.

Is the Romex on the right coming out of the conduit ? The cables might be zip tied behind the conduit but it does make me question.

My local septic tank company stocks several types of control panels. Look inside the box for a sticker with the manufacturer's name and model number. Also look around the room for paperwork tucked away somewhere. You can also look through any paperwork you might have gotten with the house. Hopefully someone saved the manual/documentation from when it was installed.

Which type control box depends on the county where the system is installed and what it must control. If you are unfamiliar with your system I would get a professional experienced with complex septic systems. They will be able to see what hardware you have (how many switches, pumps, beepers & lights) and can figure out what control panel is needed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: