Drove over drain field

Old 06-03-24, 01:41 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Drove over drain field

We had a company remove a big sand pit in our backyard and they drove their truck and dump trailer up to it. I warned them we had a drain field and that we couldn’t drive over it, but I wasn’t sure where it was. When they came by, he said it looked like my drain field was on the south half of the yard basically between the septic tank and fire pit and that he’d be able to avoid it.

Well I just found the original septic plans and it looks like the drain field extends all the way across our yard north-south and he most certainly drove over it. The trailer was super heavy loaded down on the way out (enough to compact the established soil/ground in the tire tracks down an inch or so), and now I’m freaking out about damage to the drain field. What are my next steps? How can I tell if there was damage? And would this be a huge expense to fix if there is an issue?

Pictures

Old 06-03-24, 02:04 PM
Group Moderator
Received 913 Upvotes on 771 Posts
I highly doubt that will cause an issue unless the drain field was installed too shallow. Dirt is very good about spreading out a load.

Old 06-03-24, 02:10 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,310 Upvotes on 2,055 Posts
"What are my next steps?"
Nothing. What's done is done. Just do what you can to prevent driving over the field in the future.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: