Bending silverware (and not with my mind!)

Old 11-06-07, 08:22 PM
Bending silverware (and not with my mind!)

Does anyone have any tips for bending silverware? I found some very cool ideas for silverware crafts online but the only luck I am having is bending the spot right at the base of the spoon/fork....and I really want to bend the handle part.

I tried to heat them in boiling water first, and that didn't help. So I tried to heat them in a 500 degree oven, and that didn't help either.

The only tips I can find are those which involve total concentration and a bit of psychokinesis. Now, I tried, really tried, to hold that fork and think very hard "I can bend you with my mind".....and it didn't work (at all, can you believe that?)

Thanks, guys!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-07, 05:07 AM
Group Moderator
Probably going to require using a torch right on the spot where you want the bend to occur.

Old 11-07-07, 12:25 PM
I agree with mitch17. Look around for propane torches.

When you use it, make sure you use it on a heat-resistant surface and wear eye protection and gloves.

The psychokinesis thing really works, it really does! I think you weren't concentrating enough. Try it again. If all else fails, try the propane torch ha! j/k

Old 11-07-07, 12:47 PM
Psychokinesis? Hate to dishearten you. http://www.wikihow.com/Bend-a-Spoon

A metal vise and needlenose pliers can be used to bend silverware. Some find that bending around a rolling pin or large dowel works.

To bend with propane torch: http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/cr_met...256213,00.html