Help Me Make this beautiful again PLEASE

Old 12-17-08, 11:24 PM
Red face Help Me Make this beautiful again PLEASE

Hi I need some help. I have a old bird cage that is not the norm as it goes for bird cages I want to refinish it and it would be great it after I did it that I could keep a bird in it but I have already settled with fact that I probably wont be able to do this so I would use it for a decorative piece. The cage is a bout 3 feet tall and about 1 1/2 feet wide and had been left out in the weather for some time before I discovered it and brought it in the house out of the weather. It has been 3-5 years inside and out of the weather and I have stoped the resting with rustoleum and I removed the rust from the surface of the cage with a piece of steel wool and coated it with the rustoleum so that it would stop any rust from returning. This is a beautiful piece and I would like to just make it look good again. Any Ideas as to what i can do to make it look better then it dose? Hear is a picture of it Help me make this beautiful again

Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-08, 12:37 AM
Post is incomplete. No link to a picture such as a website like at www.photobucket.com with link here. You can scrape, sand, whatever, and prime, seal, and paint a bird cage. If birdcage is over 100 years, it is an antique and have some value.

Because many old bird cages were treated with toxic paints, it is important to take this into consideration. If so, use as decorative purposes only.