Wooden sword box

Old 12-16-12, 07:01 AM
Wooden sword box

Hello everyone, not sure if this is the place to get the info which i ask for but oh well. Here's my project, I work at home depot and for a christmas present im giving away one of my swords from my own collection which is measured at about maybe 27-30 inches long. I have all of the materials needed to do it but one thing still i have not found and im looking to do. I need to make an inside edging to allow for a flat board to slide on to of the box and close it. Dont; know if anyone out there will under stand what im trying to do but would very much like the help as much as possible. Please help me.

Psyd

Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-12, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator
Is the cover board or lid going to be very thick? Or something like 1/8"? If thin, you could probably just run the wood that will have the board slide in on a table saw. Just raise the blade slightly to cut a groove.

If wider than that you will need a router or a dado blade in a table saw to cut the groove wider.

Old 12-16-12, 07:17 AM
it's a very thin board... just to act as a slide in... and thank you... now all i need to do is find somewhere with a table saw...

Old 12-16-12, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator
I'm sure someone you work with has woodworking tools. Check with the guys in hardware, lumber and millwork. Just don't tell them what it is...or at least not that it's a gift.

Old 12-16-12, 07:37 AM
no they know what it is LOL and thier all actually anxious to see the finished result