Rotating base

Old 12-24-16, 11:58 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Rotating base

Not sure if this forum isn't active or if this is e right place....

I'm working on a platform tha game I can rotate 45 degrees in each direction. I'll be putting a clay thrower (for skeet) on top to vary the direction it throws. I would guess its less than 75 lbs.

I'm thinking I can get a lazy Susan but not sure it'll be heavy duty enough. Anyone on this forum have any ideas or suggestions.

Old 12-24-16, 12:12 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Your base will need to be pretty wide taking into consideration the weight of the arm swinging and the inertia it will create. I would say a base about 2' in diameter. Not sure how your launcher is made, but you could have two matching plates (at least 1/4" steel), bolt the launcher to the top plate and bolt the two plates together using a washer or two between them for slight spacing. On the sides you can weld stops at 45 degrees, one from the top plate down and the bottom plate up in two places to restrict the movement to your desire.

You may even have to put slender wings on the top plate with a hole in the end so you can drive a pin in the ground to keep it where you want for that particular launch.

Old 12-24-16, 03:21 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
A regular kitchen cabinet lazy susan only has a bearing in the middle attached to a rod.
You could make the same thing, but use casters instead of a middle bearing.

I would draw out something like this:
Two round pieces of 3/4" plywood with a center post attached to the bottom plate. The post can be plumbing parts.
The top plate would have fixed casters attached to the bottom, 4 or 5.
This will let it spin (I think, Ha), and you just need to make some positive stops where you want.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: