tube for golf clubs in back of truck

Old 06-03-17, 08:57 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
tube for golf clubs in back of truck

Hello,

I have a golf club bag that's about 14" in diameter but will compress about another inch if needed. Today, it just rolls around in the back of my covered truck. The cover is starting to leak so I want to put the bag inside of a plastic tube or something to 1) keep them dry 2) keep them secure from rolling around. At first I was considering PVC but that's stupid expensive and getting a length of only ~50 inches is tough. Does anyone have any other ideas? I was thinking I'd cap the back end too to keep them from sliding through.

Thanks!
Terry

Old 06-03-17, 09:11 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
I answered your duplicate, but it got kicked out, so here goes again. I've never seen 14"+ PVC tubing.....nor the other side of the moon for that matter For cost advantage, two 50 gallon drum liner bags, one up and one down, taped at the seam would keep them dry. You could strap them on one side using bungies and the hold down hooks in the bed.

Old 06-03-17, 09:42 AM
Group Moderator
Received 250 Upvotes on 202 Posts
Corrugated plastic pipe maybe:

Corrugated Double wall (Smooth Interior) Pipe, Corrugated plastic pipe, HDPE black belled pipe

Possibly check with people who would use it and perhaps there would be a scarp piece since you are talking a very short piece.

Old 06-03-17, 01:06 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
I hadn't thought of driveway pipe. Now all you have to do is find seal type caps to keep the water out.

Old 06-03-17, 01:18 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Why not a square tube? Easy to build and a simple top to make. Sure takes a bit more room but not that much.

Old 06-03-17, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
Im a golfer. Mount a golf cradle or two in the bed..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzyF8fGQXfM

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: