How to fix these cutting boards

Old 01-04-20, 11:13 AM
M
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
How to fix these cutting boards

my wife purchased a set of plastic cutting boards. They are great, BUT they slide around on the counter tops. She's old school and won't do anything to keep them in place (wet cloth, paper towel etc) so I'm wondering if there is something I can put on the back to keep them in place. The back has a texture of small dots, here shown up close. Not sure it would take a self stick rubber 'dot' or not. Looking for spray ideas which would also work in the dishwasher (though I'm not above washing them by hand if need be.

Attached Images  
Old 01-04-20, 12:14 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
I'm trying to figure out what all those plastic bumps are for. If they are plastic..... they are useless.

I've glued little rubber bumpers on all my cutting boards.
I don't know of any spray that will be used temporarily like you need it for.

joecaption voted this post useful.
Old 01-04-20, 01:59 PM
T
Received 109 Upvotes on 97 Posts
My guess is no. I wouldn't fool around with non-skid sprays, many of which will come off in the dishwasher. And those dimples make having something solid adhere to the board very difficult.

Old 01-04-20, 02:17 PM
M
Received 293 Upvotes on 263 Posts
Depends how thick/rigid the board is.

If it is rigid then adding rubber bumpers should work as LJmax said.
One in each corner and one in the center.
Though I would not put it in the dishwasher.

Old 01-04-20, 07:55 PM
M
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Thanks everyone. I kind of figured they would be useless. I can't continue using them as they slide across the counter while you attempt to use them and make the possibility of a cut rather easy. I will just trash them.

Old 01-05-20, 11:24 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
One thought..... they make this product that is like an ultra thin foam. My mom used it in her RV to keep things from sliding around. I'm guessing there are different names for it. The link is one name. You could just cut a pad to use under the cutting board. It doesn't need to be attached. When it gets dirty.... toss it.

Gorilla grip

Old 01-05-20, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator
Received 391 Upvotes on 319 Posts
She's old school and won't do anything to keep them in place
Hmm, is that not old school? Seems that's what was done in the past, no? Throwing things away is what's done nowadays.

Old 01-05-20, 12:36 PM
T
Received 109 Upvotes on 97 Posts
Thanks everyone. I kind of figured they would be useless. I can't continue using them as they slide across the counter while you attempt to use them and make the possibility of a cut rather easy. I will just trash them.
Given the website you've visited, why not make one yourself now that you've abandoned the plastic ones. You'll find a zillion ideas online.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: