What adhesive to use?

Old 11-16-21, 07:17 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 30
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
What adhesive to use?

I have a Logitech MX Ergo, and the base is coming apart. There is a rubber sheet that is glued to the plastic base- the idea is the sheet is anti skid. So the base has to sit flat on the sheet, and this is fastened with glue that has the consistency of boogers. I need to reglue the rubber sheet to the bottom of the base so it wont skid. Should I be using something like a 3m 80? I assume it is a spray glue. Im posting this on the hobby forum because I figured people here know about adhesives!
Old 11-16-21, 07:21 PM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 26,398
Received 1,744 Upvotes on 1,568 Posts
Rubber contact cement. You put it on both surfaces, let it dry so that its no longer tacky (doesn't stick to your finger when touched) then you put the two pieces together.

Be advised that it's one shot... so be sure you have it positioned exactly, since you can't move or reposition it once they touch.

There are spray can versions. Or the school supply kind with the brush. I assume you don't need a quart of it. LOL
Old 11-17-21, 04:30 AM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 26,286
Received 1,840 Upvotes on 1,647 Posts
3M 80 would be a good choice though you will probably have to order it. You could also use 3M 77 which is stocked in most WalMarts and big box home centers. Both are spray contact adhesives so like Xsleeper mentioned you have only one shot to put the parts together. Once the glued surfaces touch they are stuck and you cannot reposition it.
Old 11-17-21, 05:23 AM
the_tow_guy's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: SW Fla USA
Posts: 12,018
Received 181 Upvotes on 143 Posts
Gorilla makes a good spray version, too. The big box home improvement places carry it.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: