Planning the perfect Thanksgiving dessert for your family may feel intimidating and challenging. Rest assured that there are numerous desserts that are both tasty and easy to make. This article describes four desserts that are perfect to serve after Thanksgiving dinner.
1 — Chocolate Pudding Pie
Chocolate pie is an excellent dessert for Thanksgiving because it is delicious and simple to make. Purchase a graham cracker pie crust and whipped cream in addition to your pie filling. Follow the package instructions to make the pudding and then pour it into the pre-made crust. Top the pie with whipped cream and stick it into the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it.
2 — Butterscotch Pudding Pie
Butterscotch pudding pie is a decadent and savory dessert that is sure to become a family favorite. Preparing a butterscotch pudding pie is as simple as making a chocolate pudding pie — the only difference is the filling. Follow the same directions above, substituting butterscotch flavor for chocolate.
3 — Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin pie is a classic Thanksgiving dessert. Just buy some pumpkin pie mix and follow the instructions on the back of the can for a delicious pumpkin pie in less than two hours.
4 — Apple Cobbler
Apple cobbler is an amazing and seasonally relevant dessert that perfectly complements a hearty Thanksgiving dinner. The following apple cobbler recipe is easy and fairly inexpensive to make.
- Six cups sliced and peeled green apples
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon salted sweet cream butter
- 3 cups Bisquick prepared according to instructions on back of package
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients until the apples are evenly coated.
- Pour the filling into the greased pie dish or square casserole dish. Place an extra tablespoon of butter over the filling in the center of the pie dish.
- Place dollops of bisquick over the top of the filling in the pie or casserole dish to completely cover it. Finish by sprinkling granulated sugar over the top of the pie dish.
- Place in a pre-heated oven and bake for 35 minutes or until the topping has turned golden brown.
- Serve alone or with vanilla ice cream.