6 Reasons To Build A Detached Garage 6 Reasons To Build A Detached Garage
A garage is a convenient and helpful element for living, prompting many to make the effort to build a detached garage. The benefits of safety and cost savings often outweigh those of an attached garage, and a covered breezeway can be added to provide shelter from the elements as needed.
Reasons to Build a Detached Garage
- The position of the home or lot does not allow the space for an attached garage.
- The architectural style of the home isn’t conducive to an attached garage.
- A detached garage separates the home from potentially hazardous accidents or fires if flammable or harmful chemicals are kept in the garage.
- The cost can be less than adding on to an existing structure, depending on the style of the garage.
- A garage used as a workshop needs to be detached from a house because noise or health concerns.
- Insurance costs are less for the detached garage.
Building a detached garage will also enhance the layout of the property and add additional storage for a home that needs to expand. Consulting with a contractor for the best options and estimates will be essential. The decision to build a detached garage will provide added security and design elements for any property.