6 Replacement Steel Door Installation Tips 6 Replacement Steel Door Installation Tips
While steel doors are designed to last many years, sometimes you might need to install a replacement steel door.
Steps for Replacing a Steel Door
- Find the replacement steel door that you will use. Since the steel can not be cut, you must order a door the exact same width and height as the door you are replacing.
- If you plan to paint it, do so before installing.
- Install the door hardware, including the handle and locking mechanism.
- Gently tap the hinge pins out of the original door and remove the door.
- Install the hinges on the new steel door. These must be placed at the same positions as they were on the old door. You can use the original door as a template.
- Mount the new door and tap the pins into the hinges.