For the home that doesn't have a chimney, fireplace or stove vent, burning ventless fireplace logs may seem to be a safe way of burning logs. But smoke and harmful gasses created by burning logs are not the only potential danger associated with burning logs.
Depletion of oxygen that can happen with the burning of logs in an enclosed room can be dangerous. When the oxygen level in an enclosed, unvented room sinks below two percent, this should be considered a dangerous situation. An oxygen depletion system (ODS) should be used to detect this condition.