Artificial Grass Pros and Cons Artificial Grass Pros and Cons
Artificial grass is environmentally- and wallet-friendly as it requires little maintenance. It helps to know the pros and cons before deciding to replace your natural grass lawn with artificial turf.
Pros of Artificial Grass
- Artificial grass does not requires fertilizer, mowing or watering. You can save on water bills and other gardening costs.
- An artificial grass lawn can last indefinitely, and it hardly requires significant maintenance.
- The green look of artificial turf is everlasting as it will not fade or become discolored due to weather or wear.
- Artificial grass can be installed quickly and easily.
Cons of Artificial Grass
- It is more expensive to install an artificial grass lawn than natural grass. However, since you save on water and maintenance, it may balance out in the long run.
- As artificial turf is synthetic, it impacts negatively on property value. On the other hand, natural grass increases the value of property.
- When temperatures rise, the grass gets hot, making it uncomfortable to walk or play on.
- Since it does not return any oxygen to the atmosphere, artificial grass may not impact favorably for those with ecological concerns.
- The amount of lead necessary to keep artificial turf green may constitute a health concern.