Saving Money on Basement Foundation Repair
You can save money on basement foundation repair by doing the work on your own. Doing your own basement foundation repair is an easy if you have the right tools. Here are a few steps on how to complete your own basement foundation repair:
Prepping the Area
- Before you begin basement crack repair make sure the crack and foundation area is dry. Wipe down the area with a dry towel.
- Use a steel brush to break away any loose pieces or dust from the area you are going to fix.
- Next, use an old paint brush and dust off the area in case any pieces of dust were missed with the steel brush.
- Once the area is clean you can begin basement foundation repair.
Getting to It
- Start by inserting the concrete filler in a basic caulk fun.
- Apply about a ½ inch piece of filler along the seam of the basement crack
- After you are finished repairing the crack, use a putty knife to smooth out the concrete filler.
- Use a dry towel to wipe off the excess and blend it into the existing foundation.
Once these steps are completed you are finished with the process of repairing with your basement foundation. It will take about 24 hours for the basement foundation repair to dry.
Make sure if you believe you have a larger foundation problem that a plumber checks out your pipes to make sure there isn’t any corrosion or other leaks occurring. If the basement crack which you are trying to fix in your basement foundation repair is more serious you may need to hire a contractor who specializes in basement repair. Serious problems with your foundation can mean serious problems down the line.