What Is The Best Garage Door For My House?
The best garage door for your home will distinguish it from the rest of your neighborhood. Your garage door can represent over forty percent of your home's exterior. Therefore, it is important to choose a door that best complements your home, as well as satisfies your needs.
When purchasing your garage door consider the following:
- Maintenance requirements.
- Insulation 'R' values. The R-value on the garage door indicates how well it insulates.
- Styles available.
- Thickness - Thicker is not always better!
- Composition (i.e. Steel, Wood, Vinyl, Aluminum, Composite, Fiberglass).
- Available colors, finishes and window options.
- Strength and gauge of track, hardware and face steel.
- Security and safety issues.
- Counterbalance spring mechanisms (i.e. Extension vs. Torsion).
- Construction of sections.
- Available options (i.e. emergency disconnects, top seals, quiet glide rollers).
Once you choose the best garage door for your home, it will elevate its curb appeal and value, it also will increase your feeling of security.