Braided Jute Rug Stain Removal
Removing a stain from a braided jute rug is not very difficult at all. Follow these simple tips to remove any stains that may befall your carpet.
The cleaning steps are very basic, but can go a long way in helping to keep your rugs in great shape and looking beautiful.
Step 1 – Remove as Much of the Spill as You Possibly Can
- Blot with a clean dry cloth. Do not rub and remove as much of the moisture as possible.
- If the spill is large, and you have one available, then use a wet/dry vacuum on it.
Step 2 – Douse with Warm Water
- Don’t use hot water – use warm only and get the stain thoroughly wet.
- Repeat the process until the stain is no longer evident.
Step 3 – If the Stain is Still There
- Mix up a solution of warm water and mild detergent. You should use laundry detergent, not dishwashing liquid.
- Apply the solution directly to the stain, and allow it to sit for a few minutes
- Once again, blot the water out, do not rub it in.
- Rinse thoroughly with clear warm water