Cleaning of Commercial Wallcovering Cleaning of Commercial Wallcovering
Maintaining the life of contract wallcoverings is easy if maintenance personnel keep these points in mind.
- Always refer to the manufacturer's guidelines when cleaning wallcoverings.
- Stains should be removed as soon as possible to eliminate any reaction between the stain and the wallcovering and to prevent permanent discoloration.
- Ordinary dirt spots can be removed with a mild soap and warm water. Rinse thoroughly with clean water; blot dry with a soft lint-free towel.
- For difficult stains that are surface deep, use of a stronger detergent is recommended. Try an inconspicuous spot first before attempting the entire wall. Always rinse after applying a detergent. Abrasive rubbing of spots should be avoided.
- Do not use steel wool, powdered cleaners, or active solvent-type preparations, such as nail polish remover, tar and bug removers, etc. as they may damage the wallcovering.
- Textile wallcoverings are decorative and require care in cleaning. Occasional vacuuming will remove most of the dirt and lint and maintain the product's fresh look and appearance.
Content Provided by the Wallcoverings Association (WA).